ZIPP 353 NSW Tubeless Disc Rear
Zipp’s 353 NSW Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is the pinnacle of our pursuit of versatility and speed. This wheelset fuses Zipp’s two most advanced approaches, Sawtooth™ rim profile and TSE™, for an all-encompassing approach to performance. With its undulating 45-mm deep rim shape, the 353 NSW provides speed on every terrain with best-in-class aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability. The 353 NSW is Zipp’s lightest tubeless wheelset yet, making it a fast-puncher ready to fight its way into the breakaway. Zipp’s use of hookless (straight side) rims in the Zipp 353 NSW Tubeless Disc Rear is integral to achieving our mission of Making You Faster.
With hookless, the transition between the tire and the rim is more seamless and aero. Zipp’s hookless rims have more efficient resin distribution, which means lighter wheels. They also are highly durable. Zipp’s 353 NSW’s Sawtooth™ rim shape with Hyperfoils™ optimizes aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability. The Sawtooth™ design also allows the rim to be structurally strong but light. That will help you snap out of corners and maintain that speed no matter the terrain, especially the steep, punchy stuff. The Zipp 353 NSW Tubeless Disc Rear wheel utilizes Zipp’s Total System Efficiency™, or TSE™, approach to wheel design: overcoming specific barriers to speed: wind resistance, gravity, rolling resistance, and vibration losses.
The wheelset’s 25mm internal width is ideal for running wider tubeless tires at reduced air pressure for a more efficient ride. At the center of the 353 NSW is the Cognition V2 Hubset re-engineered with an updated Axial Clutch V2™ mechanism for quicker engagement and lower friction as well as improved durability.
- Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile
- Our lightest tubeless wheelset yet, making it a fast-puncher ready to fight
- Optimized tire bed for easy tire installation
- TSE™ for greater efficiency and reduced rolling resistance
- Sawtooth™ rim with Hyperfoil™ nodes and HexFin™ ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating rim depth
- Cognition V2 hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting. Its Axial ClutchV2 technology reduces drag and lowers friction
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included with the wheels
- Zipp graphics applied using Zipp’s ImPress™ direct-print technology
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Lifetime warranty
HOOKLESS TIRE COMPATIBILITY
The model year 2021 and later Zipp 303 S, 303 Firecrest, and 353 NSW disc-brake wheels, as well as the model year 2022 Zipp 404 Firecrest and 858 NSW and 454 NSW wheels are compatible with tubeless or tubeless-ready tires unless the tire manufacturer specifically prohibits the use of their products on tubeless hookless (straight side) rims.
This article is a guide. We recommend that riders confirm compliance with the tire manufacturer to ensure proper performance and safety. *The following tire brands have communicated to Zipp that some of their tubeless models are compatible with Zipp hookless wheels:
- Continental (Grand Prix 5000 S TR in sizes 700x28, 700x30 and 700x32)
- Rene Herse
- Schwalbe (Pro One TLE, Pro One TT TLE, One TLE)***
- Specialized (SW Turbo RapidAir in sizes 700x28 and 700x30)
- Zipp (Tangente Course G40 XPLR gravel tire)
Notice: Zipp hookless rims are not compatible with tires that have a higher minimum pressure than 72.5 psi (5 bar). Please follow the tire manufacturer’s minimum inflation pressure recommendations marked on your tire.
***Schwalbe TLE tires are currently marked with minimum tire pressure above 73psi (5 bar). Schwalbe has confirmed that their listed tires can be ridden at pressures under 73psi (5 bar) on Zipp hookless rims, according to their current testing.
Zipp hookless rim disc-brake wheels meet the existing industry standards for the dimensions that control tire retention. The tire manufacturer determines their tire’s compatibility with those standards. Zipp is actively collaborating with tire manufacturers within ISO and ETRTO committees to develop clear international standards for tubeless road tires.
*We will continue to update this list as more tire manufacturers communicate hookless rim compatibility.
Watch the video to learn more about Zipp hookless technology:
|RIM CONSTRUCTION||Carbon – Hookless|
|TIRE COMPATIBILITY||Tubeless tires only|
|BRAKE COMPATIBILITY||Disc (Center Lock)|
|DRIVER BODY TYPE||n/a, SRAM XDR, SRAM/Shimano Road|
|RIM - INSIDE WIDTH||25mm|
|RIM FINISH||UD fiber, Impress technology|
|SPOKE LENGTH DS||258mm, 260mm, 266mm|
|SPOKE LENGTH NDS||264mm, 266mm|
|WEIGHT (G)||1255 (Set)|
|WEIGHT-BASED ON||Estimated lightest weight for wheelset configuration: 12mm through axles and XDR body. No tape or valve is included in the weight. Front: 580g Rear: 675g|