ZIPP 303 S Carbon Tubeless Disc - Front
Zipp’s 303 S Tubeless Disc Brake wheelset provides today’s cyclists the versatility they demand with the speed they crave. Expanding greatly on its heritage of conquering the Spring Classics, this 303 wheelset maintains its ideal-for-every-terrain 45mm rim depth but adds a significantly wider internal width to provide greater performance and ride quality in almost every measurable way. Road bikes are more versatile than ever, no matter the road surface, but just as fast as before. The 303 S offers an entirely new rim profile and design to optimize rider performance on this new breed of bike. This wheelset is tubeless for disc-brake bikes, allowing the ability to run wide tires at lower pressures for race-ready speed on or off the pavement. The 303 S is among our lightest wheelsets, optimized for top aero performance with a 28mm tire but capable of handling gravel tires up to 50mm wide.
The 303 S borrows design concepts from the higher-level 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset to gain speed through increased efficiency. That is achieved by creating a wheel with reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, and weight. The key innovation is in the 303 S Series’ rim design. Its 45mm rim depth is the same as its predecessor, the 302 Disc brake. But its rim width is 2mm wider, at 27mm, and its tire bed is a full 7mm wider, at 23mm. That rim platform is designed to be the fastest with a 28mm tire. The wide rim optimizes tire profile to allow lower tire pressure. That helps to reduce rolling resistance and provides a more compliant ride. The result of all this is a 10 percent watt savings vs. a top peer wheel in total power required to ride 40kph on a smooth flat road with a 28mm tire, according to internal Zipp testing. This groundbreaking wheelset also features all-new cosmetics, setting the rider apart from the pack, and comes at an attractive price.
- Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Fastest with 28mm, fits wide gravel tires as well
- 76 / 176 DB hubs with Center locking interface
- XDR driver body option
- Wide rims optimize tire profile to allow lower tire pressure, especially with tubeless. The result is a larger contact patch for increase grip for confident cornering, descending, and handling in wet conditions.
- Lower tire pressures and larger volume provides a compliant ride with fewer vibrations.
- Significant watt savings when running larger tires at lower pressure.
- Wide hookless rims create a seamless transition to the tire, reducing drag.
- Important Notice: Zipp hookless rims are not compatible with tires that have a higher minimum pressure than 73 psi (5 bar). Please follow the tire manufacturer’s minimum inflation pressure recommendations marked on your tire. Users must never inflate their hookless wheel and tire systems over 73 psi / 5 bar. Zipp wheels are fastest under this max pressure.
- The list above is for road tires only.
- Provided they are equipped with tubeless beads, wider gravel tires run at lower pressures are usually fine to use on hookless rims. In case of a doubt, please consult the tire manufacturer.
- Zipp hookless rims are designed for tubeless or tubeless-ready tires only. Inner tubes are ok, but the tire must have tubeless beads for safe retention.
- Zipp hookless wheels meet the existing industry standards for the dimensions that control tire retention. The tire manufacturer determines their tire’s compatibility with those standards. Zipp actively collaborates with tire manufacturers within ISO and ETRTO committees to develop clear international standards for tubeless road tires.
- As a result, any tubeless tire that is also compliant with these international standards should be compatible. However, tire brands have a right to declare which products are compatible or not with hookless rims.
- If you are interested in a tire not listed above, you are responsible for checking with the tire manufacturer to ensure the tire is compatible with Zipp wheels. Zipp created this list with tire makers as a convenience to our riders. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the tire makers directly.
- Consult Zipp’s Tire Pressure Guide to help determine your ideal air pressure. Consider using a larger tire size if the recommended pressure is too close to 73 psi / 5 bar for your setup.
|Brake Compatibility||Disc brake (Center Lock)|
|Axle||100 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc Brass|
|Inner Rim Width||23mm|