303 Firecrest Force Edition Disc - Rear
Couldn't load pickup availability
Shipping Available On all Framesets & Selected Bicycles. Eligibility & Rates at checkout.
Free Shipping on all Apparel, Component and or Accessory orders over $150
ZIPP 303 Firecrest Force Edition Disc - Rear
The ZIPP 303 Firecrest Force Edition Disc - Rear Wheel is designed for the real world… a world of imperfect conditions, road surfaces, and elements where the bottom line is simple. Efficiency = speed. It’s faster, lighter, and more capable over varied terrain—whether the surface is pavement in all its conditions or no pavement at all. Deeply rooted in Zipp’s drive to conquer the Spring Classics, the new 303 Firecrest is remade with a purpose-made approach for the demands of modern road bikes. When it comes to going fast on a bicycle, efficiency means reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, weight.
The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake was designed using real-world direct measurements (vs. primarily wind tunnel or computer simulation). The results were huge. Its rim is slightly more bulbous in design than its predecessor, with a 30mm outside width, a 25mm internal width, and a 40mm rim depth. The profile provides low drag and an improved transition between rim and tire, boosting aero efficiency on the road.
The wide-rim stance also features less tire deflection for reduced rolling resistance. The combination of the wider tire, increased tire volume, and lower tire pressure helps to reduce rider fatigue by smoothing out the ride over imperfect pavement and road conditions—the tire and wheel system absorbs the shaking, not the rider. At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. This hubset features 66 points of engagement for quicker response. The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is for dedicated cyclists who aspire to the latest in technology. Its competitors… in races, against peers, or simply conquering personal limits. This is about becoming faster and matching your motivation to the most advanced technology.FEATURES
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile
- Lighter Weight than its predecessor, making it nimble and fast.
- Tubeless Made Easy, optimized tire bed sign allows for simple tool-free installation and removal with no need for an air compressor to seat the tire.
- Ultra-wide 25mm rim profile creates a better tire interface to be fast on or off the road
- New 40mm rim depth makes a light and aero wheel in every situation
- New ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included with the wheels
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Important Notice: Zipp hookless rims are not compatible with tires that have a higher minimum pressure than 73 psi (5 bar). Please follow the tire manufacturer’s minimum inflation pressure recommendations marked on your tire. Users must never inflate their hookless wheel and tire systems over 73 psi / 5 bar. Zipp wheels are fastest under this max pressure.
- The list above is for road tires only.
- Provided they are equipped with tubeless beads, wider gravel tires run at lower pressures are usually fine to use on hookless rims. In case of a doubt, please consult the tire manufacturer.
- Zipp hookless rims are designed for tubeless or tubeless-ready tires only. Inner tubes are ok, but the tire must have tubeless beads for safe retention.
- Zipp hookless wheels meet the existing industry standards for the dimensions that control tire retention. The tire manufacturer determines their tire’s compatibility with those standards. Zipp actively collaborates with tire manufacturers within ISO and ETRTO committees to develop clear international standards for tubeless road tires.
- As a result, any tubeless tire that is also compliant with these international standards should be compatible. However, tire brands have a right to declare which products are compatible or not with hookless rims.
- If you are interested in a tire not listed above, you are responsible for checking with the tire manufacturer to ensure the tire is compatible with Zipp wheels. Zipp created this list with tire makers as a convenience to our riders. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the tire makers directly.
- Consult Zipp’s Tire Pressure Guide to help determine your ideal air pressure. Consider using a larger tire size if the recommended pressure is too close to 73 psi / 5 bar for your setup.
|RIM CONSTRUCTION||Carbon – Hookless|
|TIRE COMPATIBILITY||Tubeless tires only|
|BRAKE COMPATIBILITY||Disc (Center Lock)|
|DRIVER BODY TYPE||n/a, SRAM XDR, SRAM/Shimano Road|
|RIM - INSIDE WIDTH||25mm|
|RIM FINISH||UD fiber, adhesive decals|
|SPOKE LENGTH DS||266mm, 272mm|
|SPOKE LENGTH NDS||270mm|
|WEIGHT BASED ON||Lightest configuration: 12mm through axles and XDR body. No tape or valve included in weight. Front: 613g Rear: 739g|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.