The Gatorskin tire is made for the long haul. Backed by PolyX Breaker, a tried and true puncture protection system and the DuraSkin anti-cut fabric turn the Gatorskin into a true long distance runner.
More than 100 years experience in the development and production of bicycle tires has made Continental a unique company within the industry.
Inside Continental's technology and development center in Korbach, they are constantly developing new revolutionary technologies such as the unbeatable Black Chili compound and the ultimate Vectran breaker anti-puncture technology, both used at the top end of race sport.
These technologies demand sophisticated processes to ensure our legendary end-product quality, and these innovations as well as the ProTection and RaceSport technology for MTB tires can only be manufactured in our factory in Germany – 'Handmade in Germany'.
Have fun experiencing the Continental products! Our team works hard for you!
- CARBON BLACK MIXTURE- The Gatorskin, manufactured with a durable carbon black mixture, is as comfortable on the way to work as it is training for road races.
- POLYXBREAKER- The polyester fibers overlap during manufacturing, yielding a very dense fabric and minimal space in-between threads, making the PolyX highly resistant to any foreign body without reducing the rolling resistance.
- DURASKIN- Sidewall protection coming from the high-quality polyamide fabric encasing the core casing of the tire from scuffs and cuts under the worst conditions.
- WEAR OPTIMIZED TREAD- Get the most out of your tire with the Gatorskin’s wear optimized tread compound, adding a long service life.
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY-Continental has been hand making their tires since 1871, maintaining the integrity of tradition, while evolving with the most advanced technology.