We'll start with its rubber compound as it continues to use Black Chili balance. The rubber compound is critical because it defines the tire's grip, rolling resistance, and longevity. Typically, you can't alter one without it affecting the other which is exactly where Black Chili shines. Using the latest knowledge of polymers and raw material research, Conti uses special synthetic rubbers along with proven natural rubber, creating a high-performance mixture. To it, it adds super-tiny carbon black particles, optimized in shape and surface properties.
The complex compound technology is so exclusive that Conti only manufactures tires using Black Chili compound in its Korbach, Germany plant. The tiny size of Black Chili particles allows them to mold to variable road surfaces more readily. It gives the tire greater ability to conform to imperfections in the road surface for excellent grip in demanding situations, such as high-speed cornering, while also reducing rolling resistance. Since the Black Chili particles are so small, more particles fit into the contact patch of the tire, reducing wear and increasing longevity.
- A clincher racing tire that you can train on
- Black Chili compound reduces rolling resistance, increases grip
- Active Comfort Technology lessens vibrations for a smoother ride
- Vectran breaker technology reduces puncture risk
- Lazer Grip etching improves cornering traction
- Conti's GP5000 ushers in a new era of road clincher tire dominance
|Size||700c x 23mm, 700c x 25mm, 700c x 28mm, 700c x 32mm|
|PSI||[700c x 23mm] 110-120, [700c x 25mm] 95-120, [700c x 28mm] 95-115, [700c x 32mm] 85-100|
|Recommended Use||road cycling, triathlon|