Just like the EXOS, the carbon outsole was developed using an advanced form of Finite Element Analysis and pressure mapping to pull out material where it wasn't needed. This allowed us to keep crazy-high stiffness numbers, too. We also used two exclusive features, as well as weight restrictions on each size, in order to ensure that each shoe hits its correct weight. For the uppers, we completely removed the heel counter. And with a little help from the space-grade Dyneema mesh and some CubicTec reinforcement, the heel molds to the back of your foot, so nary a watt is wasted. Lastly, we developed a new Warp Sleeve vamp that let us get rid of the toe box, and this further cut down the weight and increased the comfort.
If you're on the hunt for the highest performance, lightest damn cycling shoes ever developed, look no further than the S-Works EXOS 99.
- Exclusively sold via preorder through Specialized Retailers.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase -efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Our lightest FACT Powerline carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- A revolutionary Dyneema Mesh allows us to achieve weight without sacrificing hold for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearwards.
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread.
- Form Fit last with a Warp Sleeve vamp offers the ultimate in connectivity, comfort, and speed.
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 99g (1/2 pair, Size 42)