Being the successor of the GP4000S II, a tire considered by many to be the best all-round road tire ever made, the GP5000 had a lot to live up to. Thankfully, true to their reputation of continuous innovation, Continental has delivered an even lighter, faster tyre which offers more grip and puncture protection than any other to date.
Designed with the latest iteration of Continental’s legendary Black Chili rubber compound, the Grand Prix 5000 TL offers an extra 5% reduction in rolling resistance and a 5% increase in puncture protection compared with a regular clincher GP5000. Thanks to the proprietary Laser Grip Technology which creates a micro tread pattern that expands over the shoulder of the tyre, the GP5000 TL offers incredible all-weather grip, giving you the confidence to take even the most technical corners at speed. In this tubeless iteration, you can run the GP5000 at even lower pressures for maximum comfort and grip out on the road.
Continental believes a comfortable tire is a fast tire – which is why the GP5000 now comes in a 32c width and is constructed with Active Comfort Technology to help smooth the sharpest shocks from the roughest roads. Lined with the tear-resistant but ultra-lightweight Vectran fibres, the GP5000 sets new standards for puncture protection in road bike tyres. If you decide to run this tyre tubeless, you get even more puncture protection, perfect for riding and racing over very rough roads.
- Handmade tubeless tyre
- Proprietary Black Chili compound for more grip, and 12% lower rolling resistance
- Active comfort technology for vibration damping and increased rider comfort
- Vectren protection shield for higher puncture protection and a 20% increase in durability
- When setting up tubeless, the tire offers an extra 5% better rolling resistance and 5% more puncture protection.
- Laser grip technology expands tread over the shoulder of the tire for added grip
- 300 grams – 700 x 25mm
- 340 grams – 700 x 28mm
- 380 grams – 700 x 32mm