Limited to 300 bikes globally, the Aethos Founder’s Edition is the lightest build on offer.When compared to the S-Works Aethos, this limited Founder’s Edition S-Works Aethos may seem like it just features a different handlebar—and while the Roval Alpinist, At 255 grams (110mm x 420mm) is one of the lightest out there, the Founder’s Edition S-Works Aethos features much, much more.
- To start, each frame goes through one of the most meticulous painting processes we’ve ever done. The limited-edition brushed liquid silver paint is extremely difficult to apply and to ensure the utmost in quality, after each frame is painted, they are buffed by hand to achieve the brilliant brushed silver finish.
- On the components side of things, the Founder’s Edition S-Works Aethos also leaves nothing more to desire. Founders Edition tires, saddle, and ultralight innertubes come together with the custom-finished CeramicSpeed bottom bracket to complement Shimano’s Dura-Ace Di2 disc brake groupset.
- Ultimately, the Founder’s Edition S-Works Aethos features a level of exclusivity and attentiveness to detail that you’re unlikely to find elsewhere. This is a perfectly balanced, top-tier ride. It’s a revolution born of inspiration.
- For once, we’re not in it to win. With Aethos, we stopped worrying about winning, or the way things are supposed to be done, and instead chased the greatest expression of ride quality ever made. Well, we did it, and in staying true to keeping that promise, we broke every design, ride, and race rule along the way. And we’re not sorry. Aethos: Break the Rules.
- The Aethos frame has been designed with the perfect combination of ultimate ride feel, light weight, and style—from accelerating up steep pitches and descending technical descents, to all-day saddle comfort on even the longest coffee rides, the Aethos hits the mark. But how, you ask? By reinventing the traditional road shape found on bikes of the past, we’ve subtly altered these shapes to deliver massive gains in stiffness and balance, all without affecting weight or durability. Pair that with an entirely-new layup and process that we’ve perfected over multiple decades and you have the lightest frame out there (585 grams, S-Works, size 56cm). The Aethos is more than just a new bike, it’s the first of a new breed.
- A featherweight frame is useless without confidence-inspiring ride characteristics, which is why we’ve developed the Aethos to have the perfect balance of front and rear stiffness combined with exceptional ride quality. By studying the flexing and breathing of carbon fiber, we were able to discover groundbreaking findings about how forces flow through frames. Just a few pedal strokes and you’ll realize this sublime ride sets a new standard.
- Every detail, from the derailleur hangers to the fork expander plug have been designed with style, weight, and durability in mind. Everything in pursuit for the perfect ride.
|FRAME||S-Works Aethos FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Threaded BB, Electronic cable routing only, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|FORK||S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|HANDLEBARS||Roval Alpinist Cockpit, one-piece bar/stem combo, carbon|
|TAPE||Supacaz Super Sticky Kush|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Romin Evo, Carbon Fiber Rails, Carbon Fiber Base|
|SEATPOST||Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost|
|SEAT BINDER||Specialized Alloy, 30.0mm, titanium bolt|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, Dual-sided Powermeter, 52/36T|
|CHAIN||Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed|
|FRONT WHEEL||Roval Alpinist CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 33mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 21h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes|
|REAR WHEEL||Roval Alpinist CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 33mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 24h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes|
|FRONT TIRE||Turbo Cotton - Black Sidewall, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|REAR TIRE||Turbo Cotton - Black Sidewall, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|INNER TUBES||Tubolito S-Tubo-Road, 42mm Presta-valve|
|SWAT||Integrated cycle computer mount|